for the interior designers
10 reasons why i attend
High Point Market twice a year
I can’t believe it’s already November 2 and as I am setting my goals for the next couple of months, I just had to stop for a moment and say to myself what an incredible month October has been.
I have lunched my new website, my logo and my new brand! HOORAY!!
It only took me 9 months to do it, endless hours, sleepless nights, but at the end it is so worth it
and I absolutely love it!
Please check it out and give me your feedback;)
I had also given birth to my first blog, so officially I am a blogger!:))
It was a lot easier then I thought,
especially when you write about things that you love and enjoy doing.
And finally, I went to Hight Point Market.
For those of you that are not familiar with a HP market, it’s like a Fashion week, but only for the interior designers and retail stores.
So Why did I go and why it is so important for me to be there?
- High Point market is one of the most important trade shows during the year catered for the interior design community. To be more exact it’s a whole city, called HIGH POINT full of commercial buildings and free standing showrooms. You probably need more than a week to see it all.I have been there only for 4 days, and probably saw only 35%-40% of all my vendors. Ok, you get an idea, this place is HUGE!
2. Vendor connection. I go there not only to see all the latest products and new trends in interior design, but also to see my vendors and sales reps. They just take you much more seriously when you invest in your business and take time to come and see them.
3. My business Moto is Luxury/Style/Function. With that being said, it’s my duty and obligation to provide you with the most comfortable, stylish and luxurious products, based on your budget and personal preferences. So I go from show room to show room, search for the coolest art pieces, sit on every sofa, check every product for quality, durability and style.
4. Networking. HP market gathers likeminded professionals and being an extraverts that I am, be sure that I met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. Interior designers from and Ukraine, wholesale manufacturers from India, private showroom buyer from Dubai and most importantly my colleagues from all over US. Its always great to connect in person and share wisdom, experience and knowledge with one another. LOVE this part.
5. Education while there, I attended several educational seminars that are so imperative for my business development. .
6.Design and Color trends The most fun aspect of the show was to see all new design trends and new colors that will influence Interior design world in the year to come. For the NEW DESIGN trends follow me on my next blog .
7. Stock and availability The tricky part about the market, is that some products and some new collections might never make it to retail world or will never appear in the catalogs or websites. Confirming realistic expectations is very important for my clients and for my business.
8. Exclusivity My new favorite trend in the HP market was the exclusivity that some big manufacturers started to offer to interior designers only. That means, that those collection would only be available through designers and trade showrooms.
9. Brand new me. Some people think it’s a vacation, but in reality it’s a lot of hard work, a lot of walking, a total sensory overload, financial investment on my part, not to mention time away from family and business. But with all that being sad, the feeling when you leave is UNBELIEVABLE! Nothing makes me more motivated, reenergized and ready to take over the world with my new ideas and new projects.
10. Bring STYLE AND LUXURY home. So here you have it. If you want to have the trendiest and the most stylish home, without compromising comfort and function book your design consultation now.
Stay tuned for all NEW COLOR AND INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS, coming up on my blog next.
Leave a Reply